- The Meeting Project (jazz, USA)
- Eddie Henderson (jazz, trumpet, USA)
- George Cables (jazz, piano, USA)
- Sharon Clark (jazz, vocal, USA)
- Nicolas Bearde (jazz, soul, USA)
- James Weidman (jazz, piano, USA)
- Alvon Jhonson (blues, soul, vocal, guitar, USA)
- Roy Young (jazz, soul, vocal, Jamaica)
- Denise Thimes (jazz, vocal, USA)
- Rhyme and Reason (jazz, USA)
- Max Kochetov (jazz, saxophone, Serbia)
- Jelena Jovovič (jazz,vocal, Serbia)
James Weidman (jazz, piano, USA)
|New York based pianist James Weidman is indisputably one of the world’s top sidemen. Over the years he has played and recorded with musicians as diverse as Max Roach, Woody Herman, Archie Shepp, James Moody, and Slide Hampton. |
Weidman is a member of the Grammy Nominated Joe Lovano Band and for five years he was the featured keyboardist for Steve Coleman and the Five Elements as well as the M-Base Collective. Beyond his sideman chops James has also been the preferred accompanist for some of the world’s most celebrated singers, including legendary jazz vocalist Abbey Lincoln, and Cassandra Wilson. Since 1992 he has been pianist and Musical Director for Kevin Mahogany.
30 years of working in a myriad of styles have helped Weidman develop his extraordinary technique and subtle understanding of music. Weidman fits into the modern mainstream of jazz without being predictable. With original chord changes and unique voicings, his mastery is demonstrated with an adept sense of rhythm and time. James also sits on the faculty of William Paterson University.